Designing Hong Kong is a non-profit organization in Hong Kong which promotes interventions wherever it sees bad planning – at a territorial or district level, and wherever it sees that policies, processes or institutions are not working the way they should. The aim of Designing Hong Kong is to increase public awareness and to improve Hong Kong’s collective ability to plan and deliver a sustainable and a ‘beautiful’ city. It advocates the adoption of sustainability, quality of life and good design as core values in planning and development.
. The organization is committed to achieving the following objectives:
- To promote the health, safety, convenience and the general, social, and economic welfare of the community of Hong Kong today, WITHOUT COMPROMISING the future;
- To identify ways and means of enhancing the quality and sustainability of Hong Kong’s living environment for the health, safety, convenience and welfare of residents and visitors;
- To undertake research and studies into the design and development of Hong Kong’s living environment;
- To educate and raise the awareness among the community on the need to protect and enhance the living environment of Hong Kong, and the ways and means to do so;
- To form alliances among members of the community with a common interest(s) in protecting and enhancing the living environment of Hong Kong
- To undertake any and all lawful acts and deeds which are necessary and conducive to attaining the objects of the Company