Position: Communications Officer
We Are Now Looking For
Drink Without Waste (DWW) is looking for a Communications Officer to support our strategies, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
- Create content and manage the on-going communications, including social media, press releases and newsletters.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including beverage producers, property managers, environmental groups, waste recycling industry, media and government.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collect analytics and metrics.
- Support working group, sub-committee and other relevant meetings.
- Perform such duties as the Chief Executive Officer may direct from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in Public Affairs / Corporate Communications / PR / NGO is desirable.
- Good understanding of media and social media.
- Strong in writing and content generation, skills in graphic design and video editing are advantages.
- Good knowledge of circular economy/ sustainability/ recycling will be a plus.
- Ability to engage and work with various stakeholders across different sectors.
- Familiar with WordPress, Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
Interested parties may email [email protected] with your curriculum vitae, writing sample(s), available date, present and expected salaries.
Personal data provided will be used for recruitment purpose only.
About Drink Without Waste
Drink Without Waste (DWW) is an initiative led by the Single-Use Beverage Packaging Working Group, a coalition of beverage manufacturers and importers, waste handlers and recyclers, institutions, retailers and NGOs in Hong Kong focused on reducing waste from beverage consumption.
Established in September 2017, the Working Group seeks to reduce the volume of used beverage packaging going to waste by 70 to 90% in 2025. Our strategies are: to reduce the use of single-use beverage packaging; to establish sustainable beverage packaging standards; to collect used beverage packaging; and to recycle the collected materials. (https://drinkwithoutwaste.org/)